- విజయవంతంగా జరిగిన 2013 కృష్ణా సంబరాలు
- హాంగ్ కాంగ్ లో ఉగాది వేడుకలు 2013
- Bloomington Normal Vijaya Naama Samvatsara Ugadi Celebrations Rocks The Twin Cities
- చికాగోలో అత్యంత వైభవంగా ఉగాది ఉత్సవాలు
- Ghantasala Rathna Kumar Paadana Tenugu Paata In Dallas
- Swami Adhyatmananda: Free Yoga Classes In Atlanta
- Sri Sai Baba Ratha Yathra In Usa
- Telugu Songs Program Enthralls The Audience
- Sri Gazal Srinivas Music Concert In Minnasota
- Cts Is Celebrating Vasantotsavam
- Annamacharya 604th Jayanthi celebrations On May 6th, 2012
- Taca Ugadhi Utsavam In Canada
- Nata Simha Nandamuri Balakrishna To Visit Kuwait
- Oman Tc Felicitates Dr Abk Prasad Dr Ghazal Srinivas On Ugadi
- Ysr Party Celebrated 1st Year Anniversary Detroit
- Tollywood Hero Balaiah Trip To Kuwait
- California Telugu Samithi
- Tcf Sankranthi And Republic Day Celebrations On Jan 28th
- Tyagaraja Aradhana In Balaji Temple, Aurora
- Bakersfield Telugu Association (bakta) Celebrated Sankranthi
- Sai Bhajan Sandhya In Jacksonville On Jan 12th
- అమెరికాలో కూచిపూడి అందెల సవ్వడి
- Lord Ayyappa Swami Metla/ Padi Pooja On Sat Jan 14th In Jacksonville
- Nara Rohit At Kuwait
- Telugu Boy Roni Plays Tiny Tim In 'a Christmas Carol' Play
- Christmas And New Year Celebrations In Canada
- శ్రీ విద్యా నికేతన్ ఫండ్ రైజింగ్ కు న్యూ జెర్సీ లో విశేష స్పందన
- "solo" Hungama In Virginia
- Mohan Babu’s Sri Vidya Niketan Garners Detroit Nri Support
- Ics Diwali Celebs In Jacksonville On Nov 19th
- Telsa Cultural Program & Patron Appreciation Night On Nov 19th
- Hong Kong Lo Kaartika Vanabhojanalu
- Rasamayi Dubai Diwali Celebrations
- Tcf Star Night Musical Show - Children's Day Special
- Tri-state Telugu Association's Dasara/deepavali Function
- Dassara Navaratrulu In Hong Kong
- Sankranti 2012 Bonanza Super Star Mahesh The Businessman
- Bragging Time Again
- Diwali Dhamaka In Canada
- Diwali Celebrations In Phoenix, Az, Usa
- Nashville Shiridi Saibaba Punyathithi Celebrations
- Bathukamma Celebrations - 2011 In Toronto, Canada
- Nata Mega Health Fair Benefited Over 400 People In Nj
- Detroit Telangana Community (dtc) Brings Traditional Bathukamma
The SIXTH Annual Brahmotsavam of Sri RanganAtha Temple (Pomona, New York) is scheduled to start from Friday, June 29th to Sunday, July 8th, 2012. The celebration attracts devotees from all parts of US.
The term "utsava" means a festival that raises one beyond the darkness of material life. The name Brahmotsavam comes from the fact that Lord Brahma conducted this festival first, to honor the LORD of the Universe, Lord SrimanNarayana. The Brahmotsavam celebration provides a unique opportunity for all devotees to participate in the festivities and experience the “VaikunthaAnubhavam” (enjoyment and feeling of being in Vaikuntham) and receive the blessings of Sri Mahalakshmi and Lord SrimanNarayana. During the days of the festival, the religious activities include daily homas and processions for the utsavamurti on different vahanas (Adi-Sesha, Gaja, Hanumanth, Garuda, Kalpa-vriksha, Ashwa&Flower-Pallaki).
Dhwajarohana: The festival starts on the June 29th evening with “Ankurarpana” (sowing of the seeds to signify fertility, prosperity and abundance) along with a festival for Sri Vishvaksena (the leader of Narayana’s retinue to remove obstacles and protect the worship). On June 30th, Dhwajaarohana is conducted by hoisting the Garuda-flag signifying the commencement of the Brahmotsavam. It is believed that Garuda goes to heaven and invites all the Gods and Sages to attend the Brahmotsavam.
Garuda-Vahana-&-Ashwa-Seva: On Sunday, July 1st, at 10 AM, the Lord is taken out in procession on Garuda as his celestial vehicle symbolizing the Gajendra-Moksha incident, and on Sunday, July 7th at 6 Pm on Ashwa-Vahana, symbolizing the forthcoming KalkiAvathara (also Lord SrimanNarayanaassumed a form with a Horse head during His Incarnation as Hayagreeva, the Lord of All Education and the Vedas.
Rathostavam: On the penultimate day (Sunday, July 7th) morning, Lord Ranganathais taken out in a procession along with his consorts, seated on a fully decorated Chariot pulled by the devotees with the chanting of GovindaNama. Templewill be flooded with devotees to witness this occasion. It is believed and said that those who witness the Lord seated on the Chariot during Rathostavam will not be reborn.
Chakra-Snanam: On Sudnay, July 8th, the last day of the Brahmostavam, special abhishekamis held for utsavamoorthy of Lord Ranganathaand his concerts Sri Devi and Bhoo Devi. Later, the priests take the Sudarsana-Chakra (celestial-Disc weapon of the Lord) for a holy bath in the special bathing pool and all devotees bathe afterwards in that pool of water. It is believed and said that one will get absolved of all the sins by taking a dip in along with the Sudarshana-Chakra on this day.
Dwaja-avarohanam: The celebration officially concludes with “Dhvaja-avarohanam,” the lowering of the Garuda flag. The priests pay respects to Gods and Sages with the chanting of Vedic mantras and see them off on their return to the Heaven.
For more details on this Brahmotsavam, please visit www.rangantha.org or call 845-364-9790 to talk to a Priest.