Benefits of Pawan Muktasan
For those who are already into Yoga will be well versed with the Pawan Muktasan . For the uninitiated this position involves the thighs which are pressed against the abdomen and the wrists or elbows are clasped. The neck is bent towards the knees and if possible the forehead or chin is touching the knees. The breath is relaxed. Try to hold for as long as you can.
This pose is known to relieve constipation and release any gasses in the intestines and keep the stomach clear.
Apart from this Pawan Muktasan has numerous benefits for women which include:
1. Improves the blood circulation and stimulation of nerves.
2. Strengthens the lower back muscles and loosens the spinal vertebrae.
3. Improves Sterility and reduces impotence.
4. Massages the pelvic muscles and reproductive organs.
5. Beneficial for menstrual disorders and regulates blood flow.
6. Reduces fats in the abdominal area, thighs and buttocks.
This posture can be practiced anywhere on the floor or also when you just get up from bed. Holding it for at least 1 minute will be highly effective and in the long term you can see visible reduction in belly fat also.
NOTE: Must be avoided if there is recent abdominal surgery, suffering from hernia or piles, by pregnant women and any chronic pain in the neck.