Get alert with this simple Hand Mudra
There are times when we get caught with the routines of work , home, children and you end up feeling lethargic and dull. These feelings could lead to stress, depression and general feeling of numbness and disorientation. It has nothing to do with the body but more of the mind and this can be resolved with not only exercise, taking a holiday or in chronic cases – medication. The beauty of different mudras in yoga work wonderfully well on each aspect of the body and the Shankha or Conch mudra is the perfect and easy to do hand exercise which can help alleviate you from this lethargy.
Follow these simple steps using your fingers as the positioning of the fingers in a particular way activates the brain.
- Bring your hands about three inches apart with the palms facing each other.
- Point the left thumb at the right palm.
- Wrap the four fingers of the right hand around the left thumb.
- Place the right thumb and the left middle finger together.
- The resulting formation of your hands should roughly resemble a conch shell.
- Place this mudra on your chest, close your eyes and bring your attention to your breathing.
- This Conch mudra should be held for up to two minutes.