Rasgulla (Dussera special)
To make the chenna we would need:
Full cream Milk : 1 litre milk
Water : 1 cup
Lemon juice : 2 tbsp
To make the for sugar syrup we would need:
Water : 8 cups
Sugar : 1½ cup
* In a thick bottomed pan add 1 litre of full cream milk. Stir occasionally and get to a boil. Now add lemon juice and stir well till milk curdles completely. Now drain the curdled milk into a muslin cloth.
* On this pour water in order to get rid of the lemon juice completely. And squeeze off excess water and hang at a height for 30 minutes approx or till all the water drains off completely.
* Once the water is completely drained out, knead the chenna till it turns out smooth without any grains of milk. Now make small balls of chenna and keep it aside.
* Now to make the sugar syrup in a deep vessel take 8 glasses of water and and add 1½ cup of sugar to it and stir well. On medium flame boil the syrup for 10 minutes. Now add the chenna balls into boiling sugar syrup.
cover and boil for 15 minutes. The chenna balls will have doubled in size.
* Remove it off the flame and keep it aside till it cools completely and then refrigerate. Serve the rasgulla garnished with few saffron strands and finely chopped pista.