4.0 Stars based on 291
Easy instructions to prepare Purnam Boorelu
Calcium, Iron, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin C, Vitamin A.
1/4 kg Bengal gram
1/4 kg grated jaggery or sugar
12 cardamom powdered
1/2 cup melted butter 1-cup coconut cut into small pieces
125 gm black gram 1/4 kg rice flour
- Wash and soak black gram for four hours. After that Drain water and grind it to fine paste adding very little water.
- Then add a pinch of salt and the rice flour and mix it well.Leave it covered for a minimum of three hours.
- Take a Pressure cooker and cook Bengal gram with just enough water. Add jaggery or sugar to it and cook it again stirring in between till it becomes a thick paste.
- Add the coconut pieces, cardamom powder and the remaining melted butter and mix well. Make them into medium size balls.
- Take a vessel and pour the oil for deep fry let it heat. Then dip each sweet ball in the black gram-rice flour mix and fry till golden brown. Three to four ball can be fried at a time.