4.0 Stars based on 291
Easy instructions to prepare Delicious Natukodi pulusu recipe
Sodium, Protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium.
- Country Chicken with bones - 750 g
- Red Chilli powder - 3 tsp or more to suit your taste
- Turmeric - 1 tsp
- Ginger and Garlic paste - 3 tsp of each
- Curry leaves - 2
- Onions - 325 gms
- Kashmiri chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Masala Powder - 4 tsp (see below for recipe)
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves - handful
Home made masala:
6 tsp Coriander seeds, 2 tsp Poppyseeds, 10 Cloves, 8 Cardamom, 2 inch Cinnamon stick, 1 Anaspuvu - grind these in to powder using a coffee grinder or regular mixer. Remaining powder keep it closed in airtight container and can be used in the preparation of other Andhra delicacies.
• Take the chicken and add chopped onions, ginger and garlic paste, turmeric and chilli powder, salt for 2 hours.
• Then heat a large non-stick pan which is heavy based underneath, add oil as described and heat it up, add curry leaves crisp a little, add onions and fry until light brown.
• After that add the marinated country chicken pieces along with the marination and fry until country chicken looses it's pink colour and the water which releases from it. Now add the home made masala powder, kashmiri chilli powder and fry it.
• Later add 1 1/2 cups of clean water, bring to boil and simmer for approximately 10 mins. Cover with a lid. Keep on stirring time to time.
• Add coriander leaves and cook until the country chicken is thoroughly cooked until way is formed when u slide the spatula and oil floats on top.