4.0 Stars based on 291
Delicious recipe with Chicken...
Sodium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron,Protein, Niacin and Selenium.
Chicken, Onions, garlic paste, ginger paste, tomatoes, yoghurt beaten till smooth, red chilli powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, salt, hot water, garam masala powder,
1) 3 tablespoon(s) oil
2) 2 onion(s) grated
3) 2 tablespoon(s) garlic paste
4) 1 teaspoon(s) ginger paste
5) 1 cup(s) yoghurt beaten till smooth
6) 2 tomatoes grated or finely chopped
7) 1 teaspoon(s) red chilli powder
8) 2 teaspoon(s) coriander powder
9) 1 teaspoon(s) cumin powder
10) ½ teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
11) salt and freshly milled pepper to taste
12) 12 medium pieces (about 800 grams) of chicken
13) 1 cup(s) hot water
14) 1 teaspoon(s) curry powder or hot spice mix (garam masala) powder
15) finely chopped fresh coriander to garnish
1.Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Add the onions and fry for about 4 minutes or till rich golden brown.
2. Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry briefly till the raw smell goes away. Add the tomatoes and the yoghurt stirring briskly to avoid curdling. Fry for about 4 minutes or till oil separates.
3. Mix in the red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, salt and pepper to taste. Increase the heat and add the chicken pieces. Fry for about 5 minutes or till the chicken is lightly browned.
4. Add the hot water and mix well. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook on very low heat for about 15 minutes or till chicken is well cooked and the oil has separated.
5) Sprinkle the curry powder or hot spice mix (garam masala) and cover tightly for about 10-15 minutes for the aroma to blend well in the curry.Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.