4.0 Stars based on 291
"Fried Rice" or Vegetable Fried Rice is a popular north indian dish(main course item).Its main ingredients are rice (which is rich in carbohydrates) and vegetables like carrot (rich in vitamin A),beans (rich in proteins) and Capsicum (rich in Vitamin C) .It is quite a healthy dish.It is widely preferred by youngesters in the modern world.
- Raw rice - 200 gms.
- Water - 2 cups.
- Beans - 50 gms.
- Capsicum - 1
- Carrot - 1
- Ghee - 2 tbsps.
- Cloves,Cardamom - 2 tsps.(together)
- Biryani leaves - 2
- Green chillis - 2
- Coconut pieces - 1 tsp.
- Cashew nuts - 4
- First of all wash the raw rice in clean water and drain the water.
- Add 2 cups of water to the 1 cup of rice and cook in a pressure cooker for 15 minutes.
- Keep the cooked rice aside.
- Chop all the vegetables like beans,green chillis,capsicum into small thin pieces.
- Grind the cloves,cardamom to get a dry powder in a mixer-grinder.
- Fry the cashew nuts in ghee and keep it aside.
- Fry the chopped vegetables with oil,salt,biryani leaves and the clove - cardamom powder in a pan for 10 minutes.
- Now,add the cooked rice to the same pan and fry for 2 minutes and mix well.
- Garnish with ghee fried cashew nuts.