4.0 Stars based on 291
It is a special rice and vegetables dish. It is a rich dish as it uses dry fruits, spices, herbs and yogurt. The vegetables include capsicum, cauliflower, carrots, potatoes, green peas. It can be a one dish meal too. It is different from vegetable pulao. When you make pulao, rice is cooked with vegetable and spices. When you make Biryani, you cook the rice and vegetables separately and then both are cooked in a oven in dry heat. The taste pulav and biryani different because of this.
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 1 cup Mixed Vgetable (cauliflower, potato, carrot, french beans)
- 150 gms Green Peas
- 3 Finely Sliced Onion
- 2 Finely Sliced Green Chillies
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon(dalchini), Caraway Seeds(zeera)
- 4 Cloves (laung)
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 4 Tomato
- 1/2 cup Yogurt (curd)
- 4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 3 tbsp Dry Fruits (cashew nuts, raisin)
- Wash the basmati rice well before cooking.Then take rice with 3-3/4 cup water and a little salt added to it and 2 tbsp of dry fruits.Cook it in pressure cooker or in a pan or microwave.
- Cut all the vegetables into small thin pieces and fry each one of it separately in oil. Fry the green peas also. Take 1 tblsp oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, green chilli, cinnamon and caraway seeds powder, cloves, black pepper powder and stir for about half minute.
- Then add onions and saute them for a minute ot till they get pink in color. Add salt and red chilli powder and stir.
- Add fine chopped tomatoes and fry till they are properly cooked.
- Take the yogurt and make it fine by putting in a blender for just 2 rotations.
- Add this fine yogurt and stir well.Heat it for about 10 seconds. Add all the fried vegetables.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well with very light hands so that the rice grain doesn't break. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Take this vegetable biryani out in a rice serving dish. Garnish with dry fruits and green coriander leaves.
- Serve the vegetable (veg ) biryani hot with raita and pickle.