4.0 Stars based on 291
Tomato Rice, a red colored delicious rice preparation with tomato puree as the base. The sweet and tangy tomato flavor embodies the pulao and tastes excellent when served with any vegetable or meat gravy.
• 2 cups Rice
• 5 to 6 Tomatoes (cut into pieces)
• 2 medium Onion (cut into pieces)
• 6 to 8 Green chilies (slit)
• 1 tsp Chilly powder
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric
• 1 piece Ginger (grated)
• 4 flakes Garlic (grated)
• 4 Cloves
• 1 piece Cinnamon
• 3 Cardamons
• 3 tbsp Oil/butter/ghee
• Wash and soak rice for 15 minutes in water. Drain water and keep it aside.
• In a frying pan, add cloves, cinnamon, cardamon and fry for a minute.
• Add ginger & garlic to it, fry for a minute and add green chilies and onions.
• Fry till onion turns light brown. Add tomato pieces to it.
• Now add salt, chilly powder and turmeric to it.
• After tomatoes are cooked for 3 to 4 minutes, add rice to it and stir.
• Now pour down 3 to 3 1/2 cups of water and cook properly.