Natural Home Remedy for Removing Dark Marks on the Skin
Dark marks on the skin can result from scarring, excess pigmentation, overexposure to the sun or an uneven distribution of melanin in the skin.
Regardless of the cause, there are several effective home remedies that can help to alleviate the problem. If you continue to have dark areas on your skin, have them examined by your physician, as they may be indicative of a serious problem.
Homemade remedies can help in fading dark marks on the skin, but may take a while. Patience is key.
* Citrus fruits such as lemons, limes and oranges all have the ability to gently bleach the skin. Put juice from these fruits onto a cotton ball and wipe over the affected area. Let dry. This action can be repeated several times a day. Alternatively, you can slice up some citrus fruits, lemons in particular, and massage the area with the slices. This too, will help fade the dark spots.
* Cucumber juice is another good option for fading dark skin areas. Saturate a cotton ball with the juice and apply to the affected area. Let dry. Repeat several times a day to see results.
* Almond oil is useful. Massage about 1 tsp. almond oil into the affected region, and allow to dry. Remove with a little bit of rose water.
* Regular massage using vitamin E oil can help reduce the appearance of dark marks. Simply break open a capsule of vitamin E and apply liberally to the skin. Vitamin E also benefits the skin by restoring moisture and suppleness.
* Apply fresh tomato pulp directly to the skin to remove dark areas. Leave it on for one hour, then rinse completely with warm water. The vitamin C in tomatoes helps to fade dark spots.
* Place a few slices of raw potato on your skin for 20 minutes. This will help to remove blemishes and dark spots.
* Crush a few almonds and soak in water overnight. In the morning make a paste of the almonds mixed with a teaspoon of water.
* Apply to dark areas and let dry. Rinse off with warm water. Repeat for best results.
* Combine 1 tsp. turmeric with 1 tsp. lemon juice and apply to problem areas. Let dry and rinse with warm water.
* Make a paste using 1 tsp. each oatmeal, yogurt and tomato juice. Apply to dark areas, let dry and rinse thoroughly with warm water. Repeat as often as desired.
* Apply a few drops of honey to areas of hyper-pigmentation on the skin. Continue the use of honey for at least one month to experience results.
* Remember to drink plenty of water every day, at least eight to 10 8 oz. glasses. Eat a healthy diet that contains plenty of whole grains, vegetables, fruit and lean protein.
* While natural home remedies can help lighten dark areas on the skin to some degree, if you are still bothered by this condition, consult your physician for other treatment options.