Home Remedies for
Swollen Lymph Nodes in Neck
Swollen lymph nodes are generally experienced in areas like neck, groin, under the chin or in the armpits. Swollen lymph node in neck is caused by many reasons. You can easily decrease the inflammation and get relief from discomfort with number of remedies.
* Make salt-water gargle by mixing 1/2 tsp salt in 1 cup of water. Use this mixture for gargling several times a day. This will decrease swelling and help the swollen lymph nodes reduce in size.
* Add a pinch of turmeric powder and pepper powder in one cup of milk and boil it. You can also add some sugar for taste. Drink it just before going to bed for about 3 nights.
* Take one cup of lukewarm water and add some fresh lemon juice and honey (2 tsp). Drink the concoction after mixing it well.
* Drink a shot of organic and unrefined apple cider vinegar daily for three days. This is an excellent remedy for swollen lymph nodes in neck.
* Take water (one glass) and add seasalt (one tsp) & baking soda (one tsp). Mix them well and drink once in a day.
* Boil 2 tsp of both, basil leaves and cinnamon in 3 cups of water for 10 - 15 minutes. Then, sieve the mixture and sip it in small sips. Drink it three times a day.
* You can even use turmeric to make tea or use as a gargle. Mix 1/2 tsp turmeric powder in 1 cup of warm water, and then gargle several times a day. For making tea, boil 1-inch piece of fresh turmeric root in two cups of water for 15 minutes. Strain the mixture and sip the tea 2 - 3 times a day.