The benefits Yoga bring, let us define what mental health is. Mental health is human ability to face and solve problems and select the correct alternative that results in happiness of mind.
* Yoga asanas aid in healing the problem after treatments like psychotherapy and some anti-anxiety medication. Yoga helps one develop a stronger state of mind, thus overcoming fears and preventing the dangers of anxiety. Asanas assisting nervous system should be practiced in this stage.
* Depression is continuous stage of mental sadness.It could have serious symptoms like being fatigued physically and mentally, change in appetite, feeling of intense fear or melancholy, irritability, loss of interest in usual activities, changes in sleeping patterns, feelings of guilt and hopelessness, hallucinations, and recurring thoughts of suicide or death.
*Yoga is handy in curing one of this problem. You can practice Yoga as a supplement to the treatment. It helps reduce stress and creates a peaceful state of mind.
* Yoga postures are developed to promote physical strength, flexibility and balance. Any Yoga posture has cardio/heart benefits associated with it.
*Heart rate is frequently up while performing these postures. Between various yoga postures, you also get rest periods. So practicing Yoga postures becomes much easier than doing conventional exercise.
* Yoga philosophy teaches us not to be depressed in frustrations. Several Yogic theories are important in this regard.
* Yogic exercises divert one's attention from frustrating experiences. Yoga has several methods of tackling mental disorders.