Weight Gain Foods for Children
If your child has been examined for any underlying health problem and no condition has been diagnosed, it is your responsibility to ensure that ...
* Milk, yoghurt, butter, ghee, paneer and cheese are some dairy products which must be fed to your child as much as he can digest.
* Make sure that these dairy foods are made from full-cream milk to help your child add some pounds to his body. Use these products as toppings, spreads or in smoothies.
* Calcium and iron contained in full-cream dairy products are needed by children in their growing years. Whole grain wheat, brown rice, cereals, granola, crackers, cornbread and pasta can help your child have healthy weight gain.
* According to food pyramid, your child should have 6 servings of whole wheat grains. Prepare a food chart to include different cereals. Combine these with nuts, peanut butter and dry fruits.
* These are high in calories and can prove to be a healthy and delicious alternative to salted crispy foodstuffs such as chips and crackers.
* Peanuts, walnuts, almonds, macadamias, walnuts, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, cashews, dates and pistachios are good sources of healthy fats and protein for your kids apart from additional calories for weight gain.
* Mix these in desserts, decorate over main course as topping or have them as snacks.
* Olive Oil is rich in energy and with a small serving, you can help your child get many calories. Olive oil is good for the heart too as it contains monounsaturated fat and antioxidants.
* Moreover, this oil has a somewhat fruit-like flavour and you can use it in combination with several foods. You can cook up your child’s meal with a few tablespoons of olive oil or use it as a dip for the bread.