Indian Beauty Tips for Good Skin
A healthy complexion is born out of a healthy body. There are few people in the world blessed with the perfect skin color and tone. To keep the skin free from acne and pimples and to have a proper balance of moisture every day of the year requires following a strict routine and some easy homemade tips. Try out our easy to make homemade packs to get flawless skin without blemishes:
* Oatmeal Pack – Mix half a cup of oatmeal in half cup of water. Stir to make a thick paste. Wet your face with water and spread the paste evenly covering the face and neck area. Keep the paste for at least 10 minutes before starting the scrubbing process in brisk circular motions. Oatmeal is one of the best natural scrubs. It helps to get rid of dead skin cells. Wash off the pack with lukewarm water.
* Honey, Yogurt and Peach Pack – Use the pulp of a large peach and mix with a generous quantity of honey and yogurt. The paste can be stored in the refrigerator and applied on the face everyday before bath. Leave for 30 minutes before washing off with cold water. This pack is one of the best natural moisturizers suited to all skin types.
* Lemon and Petroleum Jelly Therapy – Take six teaspoons of petroleum jelly in a bowl and mix with two teaspoons of fresh lemon juice. You can also add two teaspoons of glycerine if your skin is very dry. This pack helps to cure dry flakes on the skin surface and prevent skin from further drying.
* Egg Yolk Pack – Mix the yolk of one egg with half a tablespoon of olive oil and lemon juice. Apply this pack on your face and leave to dry for 15 minutes. Wash off with cool water. This pack is not to be used by people with oily skin.
* Apply Orange Juice – Squeeze out the juice of an orange and rub evenly on the face during the winters. It helps to protect the skin from the harmful UV rays when you step out in the sun.
* Hand and Feet Care at Home – Your hands and feet work the most during the day and hence also require the maximum attention and conditioning. But often, in our quest for products for the facial skin, we tend to forget to care for our hands and legs. Mix a small quantity of lemon juice with sea salt. Rub this on the palm using a toothbrush to get rid of dead skin cells and hence stop wrinkling of the palm skin. For cracked heels on the feet, mix mustard oil in melted paraffin wax and apply on the affected areas. Leave overnight for at least two weeks before getting results.
* Seasonal Fruit Pack – Go for fruit facial massages once a month to help in proper blood circulation so that you can get a healthy glow to your complexion. For example, the juice of tomato is the best remedy for getting rid of tan on the skin surface.
* Cucumber Pack – Cucumber is one of the best natural ingredients used in homemade face packs. It is a natural astringent that helps in skin tightening and delays the appearance of wrinkles. Apply grated cucumber as a face pack or rub the juice of a cucumber on the face before washing off with cold water. Mix small quantities of rosewater and glycerine in cucumber to get a facial pack for sunburnt skin. Vitamin C and caffeic acid in cucumber help to cool and soothe the skin during the summers.
* Apply Coconut Water – Replace the electrolytes and water that you lose from the skin by minerals and vitamins in coconut water. Add coconut water to your choice of face pack and apply on the face during the summers.