Heart Disease in Women
A lot of people think that women do not get heart disease. More women die from heart disease than from anything else.
Any woman can get heart disease. When you think about heart disease, you probably think about chest pain.
Women might not have chest pain. If they do, they might call it an achy, tight or "heavy" feeling instead of pain.
The pain might even be in the back between the shoulder blades, instead of the chest.
Women might think these signs are no big deal because they don't "sound" like a heart attack. Don't ignore these signs. Go to your doctor of clinic right away.
* Trouble breathing
* Trouble sleeping
* Feeling sick to the stomach
* Feeling scared or nervous
* New or worse headaches
* An ache in the chest
* Feeling "heavy" or "tight" in the chest
* A burning feeling in the chest
* Pain in the back, between the shoulders
* Pain or tightness in the chest that spreads to the jaw, neck, shoulders, ear, or the inside of the arms
* Pain in the belly, above the belly button