Healthy Heart is key to a Healthy Life
The most important factor for heart health is a healthy lifestyle. A healthy lifestyle is the key to preventing heart disease. the earlier healthy habits are embraced, the better.
* General health check-ups after the age of 25 years in case of family history of heart disease.
* Consuming food rich in protein, like fish as Fatty acids found in fish prevents clot formation.
* Maintain good oral hygiene: Studies suggest gingivitis may increase the risk of heart disease and stroke because of the high levels of bacteria found in infected areas of the mouth.
* Meditation: It has a direct impact on one’s blood pressure; there is a significant reduction in the blood pressure levels and is key to a healthy heart.
* Avoiding extreme weather. In the cold weather blood pressure increases harming blood vessels thereby inducing heart attacks.
* Consuming mixed nuts, about 25 gms of walnuts and peanuts as they help in bringing down cholesterol levels and are rich in proteins.
* Starting the day with a spoon full of honey- It reduces the cholesterol in the arteries and prevents heart attack.
* Walking on dew bare feet: Walking restores a sense of balance and brings an inner calm hence it good for the heart.
* Taking a tablet of 10 mg of statin everyday at night (if over the age of 40 and particularly diabetic).It helps to decrease cholesterol and reduce risk of heart attack.
* Brisk walking for at least 30 minutes early in the morning since it reduces the affects of pollution on the heart, which are more likely during the evening hours.