Diabetes Care Tips
Diabetes is a condition in which the body either doesn't produce the insulin it needs or resists the insulin the body does produce.
Although numerous treatments exist for this condition, ultimately your destiny and prognosis lies in your hands; it depends on how well you care for yourself and manage your condition.
Diabetes may be classified into following 3 groups.
* Non Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus (NIDDM)
* Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus (IDDM)
* Juvenile Diabetes
The main symptoms of diabetes are as under:
* Sugar in Urine
* Sticky and Concentrated Urine
* Frequent Urination
* Frequent Hunger
* Frequent thirst
* Dryness in the skin
* Weakness of eyesight
* Feeling of tiredness and weakness
* Itching in body
Some important things for a Diabetic patient:
* The use of fenugreek (methi) in food is beneficial for diabetic patients. Sprouted methi or one tsp of its powder may be taken daily.
* The diabetic patients may take the chapatti made up of wheat flour mixed with gram, soyabean and fenugreek (methi).
* All the sweet products, preserved and packed food products, smoking, chewing of Tobacco and consumption of alcohol is completely prohibited for diabetic patients.
* A diabetic patient should examine his blood sugar at the regular interval to ensure that it is in control.
* Regular long walks are beneficial for diabetic patients.