North Indian Mathri
All-purpose flour – 3 cups
Rice flour – half cup
Ajwain – 2 teas spoons
Salt – according to your taste
Pepper Corn – 10
Oil – 2 cups
Warm oil – ¼ cup
Black salt – half tea spoon
* Take all-purpose flour in a large bowl and add ajwain to it.
* Add crushed pepper corns, salt, rice flour and black salt to the mixture and mix it well.
* Add ¼ cup hot oil and mix it well.
* Add lukewarm water and mix the mixture until it becomes dough.
* Cover it with a lid and keep it aside for one hour.
* Take a pan and pour oil into it.
* Meanwhile take the dough and make it into balls.
* Later on spread the balls and cut them into pieces (Matri).
* After the oil is heated in the pan, drop the matri into it slowly.
* Deep fry the pieces until they turn into golden color.
* Take the Matri out and put them on a paper napkin.
* After five minutes add a pinch black salt and serve it to the guests with hot coffee or tea.