Matar ki Kheer – North Indian
Ingredients for matar puree:
Green peas – one cup
Water – one cup
Salt – as per your taste
Milk – 6 tablespoons
Ingredients for matar Kheer:
Milk – 2 cups
Cardamom powder – 1/8 teaspoon
Sugar – 1/3 cup
Almonds – 5
Pistachios – 5
Saffron – few strands
* Remove green peas from pods and clean them for three times with water.
* Pour a cup of water in the pressure cooker and add green peas along with a pinch of salt.
* Cook the peas for 8 minutes in the cooker.
* After 8 minutes strain the water and allow the peas to cool.
* In a mixer add the peas along with 5 table spoons of milk and grind it into puree.
* Matar Kheer:
* Heat the pan with a table spoon of ghee.
* Pour the puree that has been prepared earlier into the pan.
* Stir the mixture and add 2 cups of milk.
* Heat the mixture for 5 minutes.
* Add chopped almonds, saffron and cardamom powder to the mixture and stir it on low flame for 5 more minutes.
* Off the stove when the mixture becomes thick in consistency.
* Once the mixture (Aka Kheer) cools down to the room temperature put it in the freezer
* Serve the chilled Matar kheer to the guests along with snacks.