Kesar Moong Dal Halwa(Dusshera Special)
1 cup - Moong Dal
1 tbsp - Gram flour/ Besan
1 cup - Sugar
1cup - Water
1/2 cup - Milk
150 gms - Khoya
1/2cup - Clarified Butter/Ghee
1/4 tsp - Saffron/ Kesar
* After soaking the dal for 4 hours, grind the dal to a coarse paste.
* In a heavy bottom pan add ghee, besan and fry for few seconds. Now add dal and keep stirring.
* Keep stirring till it changes the colour. Then take it onto a plate.
* Now add khoya to the same pan n fry till it leaves oil and then add this khoya to the dal mixture.
* In a seperate bowl add sugar and water and bring it to a boil. Now again put that dal mixture in a pan and stir for few seconds.
* Add the sugar syrup and milk and keep stirring continuously. Now cover it with a plate for few seconds and remove the plate and keep stirring again for a minute or two.
* Once it is cooked, take it out in a serving plate, take some nuts, which are fried in ghee and garnish the halwa and sprinkle some saffron on it. It is ready to be served!