Kashmiri Pulao Recipe
* 3 table ghee - clarified butter
* 1 bay leaf
* 2 to 3 cloves
* 2 pieces cinnamon
* 2 cardamom
* 1/4 tea spoon black cumin seeds - shah jeera
* 1 cup washer basmati rice
* 3/4 cup milk
* 1 1/4 cup water
* salt to taste
* 1/2 tea spoon saffron
* 3 tea spoon cream
* 2 table spoon raisins
* 3/4 cup roasted almonds, roasted cashews, walnuts, pistachio
* 2 tea spoon sugar
* 1 fried onion
* Roasted almonds
* Roasted cashews
* Roast almonds, pistachio, raisins and cashews in ghee. Keep a side.
* In a pan add ghee and then add bay leaf and, cinnamon, clove and cardamom to it. cook for few seconds.
* Now add black cumin seeds - shah jeera and washed rice to it.
* Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add milk and water to it. Also add salt, saffron and cream to it.
* Cook covered for 12 to 15 minutes. Stir occasionally. When ready add sugar and raisins to it.
* Add roasted nuts and fried onion to it and cook for 3 to 3 minutes.
* At last garnish with roasted nuts.
* Serve hot and delicious Kashmiri Pulao with Shahi Raita.