Healthy Whole Wheat Bread
Whole wheat flour -1cup
Maida -1 cup
Yeast - 2 Tsp
Olive oil - 2 tbsp
salt - 1 tbsp
milk - 1/2 cup
water - 1/4 cup
milk - 2tbsp
milk powder - 2tbsp
sugar - 1 tbsp
* Take 2Tbsp lukewarm milk, add sugar and yeast mix and cover to allow the yeast to froth for 10 minutes.
* Add this mixture to wheat flour ,maida and milk powder mixture and knead it with oil to form a smooth dough.
* Kneading is very important to develop gluten.
* Once it is no more sticky, keep the dough in greased bowl and cover it with cling film and allow the dough to rise for for 1-2 hrs at a warm place.
* When it doubles in size. Punch the dough and shape the dough based on loaf tin.
* Allow it rest until it doubles in size. It will take approximately 45 min.
* Preheat the oven and apply milk with brush on the loaf and bake the loaf at 200 C for half an hour.
* Keep it in oven for 4 -5 minutes after turning off the oven.
* Flip it upside down on a cooling rack and let it cool completely. Then slice it and serve.