Healthy Oats Sweet
Oats - 1/2 cup
Almonds - 1/4 cup
Pistachios - 1/4 cup
Cashew nuts - 1/4 cup
Walnuts - 1/4 cup
Dates - 1 cup (Seedless)
Poppy seeds - 1 tbsp
Edible gum powdered - 1 tsp (optional)
Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
Powdered pistachios - 1 tbsp (for garnishing)
Clarified Butter/ Ghee - 1/4 cup
* Heat pan and add ghee to it. Now fry all the dry fruits until they give out a nice aroma. Remove them and set aside to cool.
* In the same pan saute the oats in the remaining ghee. After a couple of minutes remove it from the pan and set it aside.
* Add very little ghee and fry the edible gum on very low flame. It will puff up. Remove it in a bowl.
* Grind all the dry fruits coarsely in a dry grinder.
* Now in the same pan saute the chopped seedless dates and keep stirring until they melt and form into a lump
* If you think they are not becoming soft then sprinkle 2 tbsps of water and stir well until they soften.
* Now add the ground dry fruits, fried edible gum and poppy seeds.
* Keep stirring until they are mixed up well and form into a lump.
* Brush a flat plate with a little ghee.
* Remove the prepared sweet and flatten it with spatula.
* Garnish with pistachio powder. Allow it to cool before cutting it.