- Heat a tsp of oil in a frying pan and add the coriander seeds, cloves, cinnamon and sesame seeds and fry on medium heat till you get a nice aroma. Dont burn the spices.
- Just fry for 3-4 mts stirring continuously. Remove and cool. 2 In the same pan, add about a tbsp of oil and add the onions and green chillis and saute for 4-5 mts.
- Finally add the grated coconut and toss for a few seconds. Turn off heat. 3 Once cool, make a paste of the above spices along with ginger-garlic paste, jaggery, tamarind, sauted onions, green chillis, grated coconut and salt.
- 4 Take a tbsp of this paste and stuff each of the slit half-boiled ivy gourds. 5 Heat the remaining oil in a cooking vessel and add some curry leaves, dry red chillis and stir fry for 5-6 seconds.
- Place the stuffed gourds in the pan and let it cook covered on medium heat. 6 After 4-5 mts, uncover the lid and turn the pieces so that they cook all over.
- 7 Cover and cook on low heat till the tendlis become soft. This could take about 15-20 minutes.
- Adjust salt. 8 Turn off heat once cooked and serve with hot white steamed rice.
Copyright © 2000-2014 Teluguone.com All Rights Reserved