- In Dutch oven or deep frying pan, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towels to drain; crumble and set aside. Add chicken parts to the pan; cook for about 15 minutes, turning, or until browned.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper; transfer to an ovenproof dish and keep warm. To pan drippings, add celery, onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook, stirring, until onion is transparent, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, curry powder, thyme and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes. Place currants in a small bowl, pour hot chicken broth over them; let stand for 20 minutes or until plump.
- Return chicken to the pan; cover and cook for 20 minutes. Add currants and broth; cover and cook for another 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Sprinkle with parsley, crumbled bacon and toasted almonds. Serve on rice.
Copyright © 2000-2014 Teluguone.com All Rights Reserved